Explore Laos with Northern Travel Laos
Hmong New Year celebrations in Luang Prabang (26 December 2019 – 5 January 2020)
Hmong New year is “the first of the 5 new year days” in Laos (before the Lao Theung, Christian, Chinese and finally Lao new year).
This celebration will take place before the end of the twelfth lunar calendar month, the New Year celebration of the end of harvest-thus, the beginning of a new year-a giving of thanks so that a new life may begin and gathering of smaller communities, and the ideal time to find a future husband and wife
The celebration will start in the morning of the first New Year day and may last three or more days. This occasion will include ball tossing, song contests and dances, sporting activities such as top playing, kicking, and bull fighting. Hmong girls are wearing their most elaborately embroidered new outfits.
- We really enjoyed our time in Laos, thanks in part to your wonderful guides, expert drivers and your very professional organising of our tour. We will highly recommend your company to all our travelling friends back in "Oz.
John & Kay Claringbold
- Thank you for a fantastic holiday in Cambodia. Our guide, Mr Rith, was one of the best guides we have ever had and helped to make our holiday very special. Thank you again for all of your efforts and for the excellent holiday tour you put together for us.
Will & Lin Wilson
- We enjoyed very much our trip in Laos and we left with the most colorful memories about your country. We were impressed by the professionalism of your travel agency and we will strongly recommend you to everybody here in Greece.
- The whole trip was excellent. We saw everything that we wanted to see and more. The knowledge of our guide, Mr Phet, was outstanding. We would definitely recommend you to our friends.
Ms Robyn Johnson Elizabeth
- Thanks again for the excellent organisation of our trip. Everything was just the way we wanted it. I have already told my friends about you and if they plan a trip to Laos they will definitely contact you.